The Division of Insurance (DOI), part of the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA), announced the dates that health insurance companies will need to file their plans and premiums for the individual and small group markets for the 2018 plan year, as well as the dates that the DOI will make that information public.
- June 19, 2017 – Deadline for health insurance companies to file their proposed individual and small group plans and premiums for the 2018 plan year with the Division.
- July 14 – DOI will make these proposed plans and premiums available to the public.
- August 4 – Deadline for comments from the public.
- Late Summer / Early Fall – Release of final, approved plans and premiums for 2018.
- Nov. 1 – Open Enrollment Period for 2018 begins.
“This is a very different year for health insurance, full of uncertainty,” said Insurance Commissioner Marguerite Salazar. “Because of the many unknowns, the companies have asked for more time to develop their premiums. The Division wants to be flexible, with the hope that a clear picture emerges before June.”
For any questions please call us!